It has been a busy couple of months at uSens as we’re glad to announce the release of Fingo SDK 1.1 with some major improvements from the initial Fingo SDK.
Head on over to our developer page and login to get the latest version https://developers.usens.com/.
We are constantly working to improve our algorithms to provide you with fast, accurate and low latency hand tracking solutions to create truly immersive ARVR content.
As always, your feedback is appreciated and essential to our continued development, so please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues to report or feedback.
Updates included in this SDK:
- Fingo Service Windows executable: V1.1.0
- Fingo Service Android APK: V1.1.0
What’s new in the SDK 1.1 release:
- Improvements to our hand tracking algorithm, so that tracking is more accurate, with lower latency
- Improvements to tracking with two-hand models: When a user’s hands are overlapping or the view of a user’s hands are obstructed by objects, improvements have been made to track both hands positioning
- Improvements to hand gesture accuracy
- Improved graphics for hand model for better aesthetics
- Better handling of complex backgrounds: When a background is complex or contains multiple objects, the algorithm is more stable and is less likely to lose track of both hands
- Improvements to tracking when a user’s hands are further away from the cameras
- Improved stability when pointing directly at an object directly in front of the camera’s field of view (when the finger is obscured by a user’s hand)
- Improvements to tracking of Ring Fingers
- Support for Google Pixel phones
- Optimized and faster initialization of the Fingo service
- Resolved the issue where the Fingo service would sometimes crash when inserted into a Samsung GearVR headset
- Drastically reduced the issues encountered with Fingo device detection when conducting a hot-plug (rapidly inserted or unplugging the device) of a Fingo device
Windows platform: Windows 8, Windows 10 (Windows 7 is not supported)
Android Versions: Android 5, Android 6, Android 7
Some known issues still remaining with the Fingo SDK:
- Hot-plugging the Fingo module too quickly may result in the Fingo service crashing on Windows and Android platforms
- On PC when running on Windows: The Fingo service will only show as detected once a hand is waved in front of the camera. If a hand is not detected, it will not show as detected.
- On Google Pixel: After a hot-plug it can take 5-10 seconds before the Fingo module is recognized and can be used
The uSens Team